C11 MkII Pipe networks accessory - Issue 1
This freestanding accessory to the F1-10 demonstrates the characteristics of flow through different arrangements of pipes and the effect of changes in pipe diameter on the flow through a particular network.
• Specifically designed to allow the setting up of a wide range of different pipe arrays (networks)
• Pipe network mounted on freestanding support frame for use alongside an F1-10 Hydraulics Bench
• Clear acrylic test pipes are all 0.7 m long with inside diameters of 1x 6mm, 2x 9mm, 1x 10mm, 1x 14mm
• Differential pressure measurements obtained using a hand-held electronic pressure meter with self-sealing quick-release connections to the pipe network
• Flows into and out from the appropriate network can be varied individually
• Educational software as an option
> Measurement of head loss versus discharge for different sizes of pipes
> Characteristics of flow through interconnected pipes of different sizes
> Characteristics of flow through parallel pipe networks
> Characteristics of flow through series pipe networks
> Application of doubling pipes on existing networks to increase flowrate
> Characteristics of flow around a ring main and the effect of changes in supplies and off-takes
The permanent arrangement of PVC pipes and fittings is mounted on a freestanding support frame that is designed to stand alongside an F1-10 Hydraulics Bench in use. Connection to the F1-10 is via a reinforced flexible tube and threaded union with ‘O’ ring seal allowing connection to the F1-10 without the use of tools.
Isolating valves allow a wide range of different series, parallel and mixed pipe configurations to be created without draining the system. Flow into the network and flow out from the network at each outlet can be individually varied to change the characteristics of the system.
All clear acrylic test pipes are installed using threaded unions with ‘O’ ring seals that allow the pipes with different diameters to be repositioned without the use of tools.
Self-sealing quick release fittings at strategic points in the network allow rapid connection of the digital hand-held pressure meter, allowing appropriate differential pressures to be measured. Flow leaving any of the outlets in the network is measured using the volumetric facility incorporated on the F1-10 Hydraulics Bench.TOP
Inside diameter of pipes: 14mm (1x) 10mm (1x) 9mm (2x) 6mm (1x) Differential pressure measurement: Digital pressure meterTOP
F1-10 Hydraulics BenchTOP
Individual accessories on requestTOP
F1-10 Accessory Range:
For use in combination with the
F1-10 Hydraulics Bench
Open Channel Flow: